Thursday 25 February 2010

New toy

Back in the old days I seemed to manage well enough with a 28 and a 50 on my old Pentax ME - with a 2x teleconveerter to take the 50 to 100. All that lot would go in the pockets of my combat jacket. Fancy modern zooms are great, but they're bulky, heavy and slow. I know that with digital you can up the ISO, but it's not the same as using a grainy high ISO B+W film.

I always liked shooting hand-held and wide open at 2.8 or better for some reason. Probably because of what now appears to be called 'bokeh' but was just a blurred background in the dark ages. Or more likely laziness.

The cheap and cheerful 35/1.8 Nikkor looked like a throwback lens that might suit me. It's a rubbish photo, but it's got the look I like. Now to find a 105 that does the same.


No comments: