Thursday 7 April 2011

I feel inadequate...

Some people have far more spare cash than I have to buy camera equipment. Still, I don't have to spend even more to hide the white paint on my lenses... And while I'm bitching, how about this for poor long lens technique? LOL (which is now an acceptable English word so I can use it without guilt!).


What gets me is that there are two low level viewing slots in that screen (for wheelchair users) which I find better for making good pictures, not great, but better. I've never seen anyone else using them to get a lower viewpoint. But because one of the blokes had his tripod and camera bag blocking them yesterday I was stuck with a high level slot. Anyway. This is what they were looking at.


So, being annoyed with the tripod brigade and being restricted by the viewing screen I went for a wander and stalked a lone avocet on the marsh proper, which I left alone without getting close enough for a shot when I saw it had a limp. Then I managed to get surprisingly close to a crowing crow.


I was hampered by the angle of the light, and the branches obscuring the bird just like I was with a male reed bunting that I got equally close too.

But my favourite picture of the day was one I'd taken earlier of some diagonals and verticals.



No comments: