Sunday 9 June 2013

Up close

Having bought a macro lens specifically for photographing dragonflies then losing interest in that when I'd got the hang of it I reckon it's time to get shut of the thing. At 150mm I find it a bit too long for occasional close ups for my website, so something to replace it would be required. This morning I messed about with combinations of extension tubes and a teleconverter with my fast 85mm lens shooting stuff in my pond. That lens was chosen because it has a f1.8 aperture so using tubes and a converter won't lose too much light (mainly for focussing), and also because it's sharp with smooth out of focus areas.

I reckon it should do all I need it to do with the results only being for web use. And if I get the urge to photograph any small critters up close it should suffice for that too - if I use all my stalking skills. With no replacement macro lens required I can look think about a 28mm lens. Using the 14mm on the G2 has got me seeing in that field of view.





100% after processing (inc. some sharpening) - it'll do for me.


No comments: