Friday 22 January 2016

Interesting listens

As an avid trawler of the internets and follower of various blogs and things I came across some audio interviews with photographers a few days ago. They might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I've found the three I've listened to interesting. They come across more as rambling chats with friends than professional interviews, which gives them a certain charm. At least there's not much talk about gear and the stress is on the process and business of making photographs and making them pay. Check them out here.

I'd better post a picture or two. A walk to the village ended up at the old churchyard. It's somewhere that always seems photogenic in winter sunlight. I never stick around long enough to really get stuck in though. Maybe I ought to make an effort some time. The angel I first photographed back in my student days. It seemed a bit 'Joy Division' at the time.

Maybe it's the subject matter, or maybe it's the contrasty light, but black and white feels right for the graveyard. It simplifies the pictures. I guess it also adds a slight air of melancholy too.



No comments: